Video editing software shouldn’t be expensive right? but what if you can get the best free video editing software, no ugly watermark and completely free to use for any project you want. You can edit video with ease like a pro whether you are editing for movies or content creation it can achieve all for free. Yeah, there might be some learning curve, but it shouldn’t be difficult once you get to hang out of it. In this blog post, we will see best free video editing software that you can use for basic editing to advance one without ugly fees.
Note – If You want to record your computer screen in then see my blog post on free screen recorder.
Best Free Video Editing Software
Blender is the free open source 3D content creation which supports all major operating systems under the General Public License. And a good news is that it is a good video editing software too, there’s a bit of learning curve but Blender is the best software to edit videos if you understand how to use it.
2. Windows Movie Maker
Windows movie maker is a movie editing programs for windows, and users can make home movies by simple drag-and-drop. It contains features such as video effects, video transitions, adding titles/credits, audio track, timeline narration, and Auto Movie. It is also a basic audio track editing program. Windows Movie Maker can apply basic effects to audio tracks such as fade in or fade out. The audio tracks can then be exported in the form of a sound file instead of a video file.
VSDC is a non-linear editing system (NLE) published by Flash-Integro LLC. The program is tailored for editing digital video and audio files in various formats including high-definition and ultra-high-definition resolutions, offering professional post-production effects, as well as the ability to export in 4k resolution, capture video from screen, record voice, burn discs, save multimedia files to a number of supported formats and publish them on Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter.
Shotcut is a free, open source, cross-platform video editor. It is one of the best free video editing software for both windows and mac. It got some learning curve and pretty hard for new one.
- Support for the latest audio and video formats thanks to FFmpeg
- Supports popular image formats such as BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, SVG, TGA, TIFF as well as image sequences
- No import required – native timeline editing
- Frame-accurate seeking for many formats
- Multi-format timeline: mix and match resolutions and frame rates within a project
- Webcam capture
- Audio capture
- Support for 4K resolutions
- Network stream playback (HTTP, HLS, RTMP, RTSP, MMS, UDP)
- Frei0r video generator plugins (e.g. color bars and plasma)
- Color, noise, and counter generators
- EDL (CMX3600 Edit Decision List) export
- Export single frame as image or video as image sequence